Here in my little town, sandwiched as it is between Ann Arbor and Detroit, people pass through they do not stop. We’re delighted to have Cynthia McKinney at Ypsi’s newest watering hole, the Corner Brewery. Cynthia joined the May Day march against the war (see photo above) led by ILWU in the Bay yesterday.
If you’re in Ypsi or the area come on down! A report on her visit will follow.
Meet Cynthia McKinney, candidate for President of the United States
May 5, 7-9 PM
The Corner Brewery
720 Norris St
(I-94 to exit 183, Huron St north past Michigan Ave and Cross St to Forest Ave, and Forest Ave east to Norris St)
A six-term former Member of Congress from Georgia, Cynthia McKinney is seeking, and will likely be, the Green Party nominee for President of the United States
Cynthia wants to:
- End the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Bring the troops home now.
- Implement universal, single-payer healthcare.
- Repeal NAFTA, fair trade, not corporate globalization.
- Spend money for education, not pay prisons for profit.
As a Congressperson, Cynthia:
- Opposed funding for bloated military and secret intelligence budgets.
- Introduced Articles of Impeachment for George Bush, Dick Cheney, and Condoleezza Rice.
- Introduced, championed, and passed in the U.S. House the Arms Trade Code of Conduct, prohibiting the sale of arms to known human rights abusers.
- Passed legislation to extend health benefits for Vietnam War veterans still suffering the health from exposure to the defoliant Agent Orange.
She currently serves on (a) International tribunal on Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, (b) Brussels Tri-bunal on Iraq, (c) is participating in War Crimes prosecutions in Spain, and (d) is working with the Malaysian Peace organization to criminalize war.
Visit her website: www.runcynthiarun.org
Paid for by the Power to the People Committee Cynthia McKinney for President
Joan Christian, Treasurer, P.O. Box 311759 Atlanta, Georgia 31131-1759